Pasta is a staple in my kitchen. Especially, when it’s weekend. But, I’ve mostly been making pasta in white sauces; alfredo and bechamel. Have tried pesto and a few red sauce variations too, but darling husband has always preferred white sauces over anything else. However, his requests for pasta with a different taste never ended. That gave me enough motivation to experiment with pasta again and again. For I believe, pastas never fail. And, it didn’t this time as well. Tried a new combination of lemon, garlic and cream and I am super impressed with the result, so was my husband.
Ingredients for Lemon-garlic fettuccine
- Fettuccine – 500 gms. I’ve used fresh spinach fettuccine.
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Cream cheese – 3 tbsp
- Heavy cream – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 small (chopped)
- Lemon zest – 3 tsp
- Fresh parsley – 2 tsp (finely chopped)
- Garlic cloves – 2 (minced)
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – a pinch
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Cocktail tomatoes – 4 (halved)
- Fresh parsley – to garnish
- Parmesan cheese – to garnish (Grated, optional)
- Lemon slice – to garnish
Method for Lemon-garlic fettuccine
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions and drain.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon zest, parsley and 2 tsp minced garlic.
- Next, we’ll prepare the sauce.
- For the sauce, melt butter in a pan, over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add the garlic and lemon peel; stir in the heavy cream slowly.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly and add in the lemon juice. It is important for the sauce to cool a bit to avoid separating it when we add lemon juice.
- Toss in the pasta and cocktail tomatoes to the sauce. Mix gently to coat the pasta well.
- Garnish with lemon, parsley, Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.