Baked Paprika Italiano
Sometimes you have limited ingredients and you crave for something delicious, something different. This is one side dish that I can serve n number of times to all my guests. And, I am sure it will be a super hit like it was when I served it at dinner hosted for some special friends. They were flattered with the twist in the taste.
- Spitz Red Paprika – 2 (You can use red bell pepper as well)
- Potatoes – 2 boiled and masshed
- Paneer – ¼ cup – crumbled
- Corn kernels – ¼ cup – boiled
- Oregano – 1tsp
- Dil – 1 tsp (can be replaced by any Italian herb)
- Mint – ½ tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp (for smearing)
- Preheat the oven at 200 C for 20 minutes
- Mix the potatoes, corn, paneer, and all the spices. Set aside
- Wash and slit the paprikas from the middle (vertically) and remove the veins and seeds.
- Stuff in the filling prepared.
- Smear the paprika with olive oil on all sides, even on the top of the filling.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until they look cooked with the filling side up.
Leave a Reply