Stewed Apricots in Honeyed Yogurt
With the sweet tooth that I and Abhisek have, we need quick fix desserts a lot of times. But, we just cannot do with the ordinary. I mean like always!! Naaah!!!
So, I keep surfing different blogs for yummy desserts and stumbled upon this wonderful yet quick Greek dessert. And, it was love at first sight. It is simple yet exotic. The name says it all 😉
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 800g fresh apricots, peeled and halved
- 800g thick Greek yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 15-16 pistachio nuts, chopped
- Place water, sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan and heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes without stirring, before adding the apricots.
- Add the apricots to syrup, stir to incorporate and then simmer for another 5 minutes without stirring. The apricots will become a little mushy after cooking.
- Combine yoghurt with honey and vanilla essence in a bowl and mix well.
- Remove apricots from heat and allow to cool a little.
- Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Just before serving, spoon the yoghurt into serving bowls, then carefully place warm apricots with some of the syrup over the yoghurt, and garnish with chopped pistachios.
Leave a Reply